The detailing began with some slight modifications to the land form to create a logical way for the cats and arches to turn around and return to the woods. I used corrugated strips covered with plaster cloth and Hydrocal to build up a hill that appears to have had a portion cut away to level a place for the loading machinery used to put the logs on the rail cars. To create the look of sand under top soil on the face of the cut I decided to try something new to me. I mixed some very fine dirt from my yard that has the right color with 50/50 water and white glue to the consistency of cake frosting. I then used an artist's pallet knife to spread the mixture on the face of the cut. After a few minutes of drying I used a 1" brush in vertical strokes to remove any knife marks.